Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC), Nigeria’s oldest energy company, is now accepting applications for its 2020 Sabbatical Attachment. The ideal candidate should be a Senior lecturer and above.
The sabbatical attachemnt offers University lecturers from the rank of Senior Lecturer and above an opportunity to undertake research or other activities that would contribute to Shell Companies in Nigeria
It also offers them avenue to acquire industry-related experience and lectureship at any of the SPDC JV centres of Excellence (CoE)
Duration: 12 months (non renewable)
Teams / Discipline
- Environment: Impact Assessment, Biodiversity, Environmental Management, and Ecotoxicology/Biostatistics.
- External Relations: Social Performance – Social Impact Assessment and GMoU Implementation.
- Community Health: Consultant Obstetrics & Gynecology and Pediatrics.
- Exploration: Geology and Geophysics.
- Oil Spill Response: Groundwater Remediation and Mangrove Re-planting & Management.
- UniBen CoE: Geology and Petroleum Engineering.
- Nigerian Content Development: Process and Project Engineering.
How to Apply for Shell Nigeria Sabbatical Attachment for University Lecturers.
Interested and qualified candidates are expected to submit the following:
- A duly signed one-page application letter stating team/discipline of interest.
- A Curriculum Vitae including, applicant’s phone number, email address, as well as three referees with their contact information.
- A titled one-page summary of how the candidate intends to add value to the SPDC’s business during the 1 2-month sabbatical attachment.
- Scanned copy of the data page of applicant’s international passport or National Driver’s Licence.
All documents should be sent to: SPDC-University-Relations@shell.com
- Applicants should not send any additional document apart from those listed above.
- Applications from persons who have previously benefited from the sabbatical leave attachment in any Shell Companies will not be considered. Applicants must have relevant teaching and practical experience in indicated disciplines. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.